Sherman Police Arrest Man After Two Teens Stabbed In Field - - No One Gets You Closer

Sherman Police Arrest Man After Two Teens Stabbed In Field


SHERMAN, TX -- A young girl and her boyfriend are hospitalized after being attacked by a man with a knife. Police say the stabbing happened on a wooded lot that serves as a shortcut through a neighborhood.

Tonight, one teenager is recovering at home and family members say they're grateful to the other victim who tried to defend her. Police say the attacker may have been in a jealous rage.

A 16-year-old girl headed home from school through a field near South Gribble Avenue. She was walking with a friend when police say she claims her ex-boyfriend came up and stabbed her.

"I was still really, 'Did I get stabbed?' and I got stabbed and the only thing I could think of was I need to put pressure on this," says victim "Alexis."

The girl's arm was injured, but police say her 19-year-old friend who tried to fight off the attacker in the field off Epstein and Vaden was stabbed in his left eye.

"I'm indebted to him. He saved my life and I really, really hope and need him to get better," says "Alexis."

"He just came in the house and he was covered in blood and I said, 'What happened?' and he told me his friend was hiding behind the tree," says witness Juanita Robinson.

Police say the young couple was cutting through a field behind a church, Primeria Iglesia Bautista Hispana, when suddenly they were confronted by their attacker.

"We don't know if he was waiting on her or he just happened to be there, but we're assuming he ended up went into a jealous rage seeing her with him and started to attack her with a knife," says police Sgt. D.M. Hampton. "At that time, the 19-year-old victim started to try to defend her."

"She was bleeding and a nice person stopped and helped her and called us from her phone," says mother Rebecca Tallon.

The victim showed up to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital-WNJ around 4 p.m. on Friday with a stab wound on her left arm. They soon arrested Michael Woolsey, 20, who faces a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

"Alexis" told them there was another victim on Epstein Street and an ambulance went to pick him up.  "He had a little cut and it was like all across his eyelid right here," one witness said.

"We're lucky that my daughter is alive and if it wasn't for 'Kruze' my daughter would be dead and I love him for that," says Tallon.

Woolsey was taken to the Grayson County Jail while awaiting trial. The friend is being treated in the hospital.