DURANT, Okla. (KTEN) — Pearl Seaboy said that she started seeing sickness in her pets early in November when her dogs were being fed Purina Pro Plan.

"I noticed that our females started vomiting, her puppies started getting diarrhea,  so we pulled them off and let Purina know," she said. "When I picked up the back of the bag is when I noticed the missing lot number, expiration date, which is really abnormal."

Seaboy's four-year-old German shepherd named Moose started to get sick on Tuesday night.

"He vomited again, and my husband had let me know about it," she said. "I went to go pick up some pallets to build a dog A-frame, and when I came back, there was a large amount of blood in his kennel."

Moose later died. Seaboy is preparing to sue Purina.

Four-year-old Moose died after becoming ill on March 19, 2024.

Licensed veterinarian Judy Morgan believes the brand's use of pesticides could be to blame for the spread of sick pets around the state.

"I have been getting laboratory results, vet records, necropsy results, and they all have very similar symptoms and similar problems," Morgan said.

In an online written statement, Purina said a comprehensive quality and safety program is in place, and that the company's first priority is keeping pets safe.

"If the pets are backing away, or if the pets are having symptoms of sudden seizures, bleeding from the back end, vomiting, vomiting blood, that is an emergency to please stop feeding the food," stated Judy Morgan.

There have been no confirmed cases of poisoning as the Food and Drug Administration continues to investigate the allegedly contaminated dog food consumed by Moose.