ARDMORE, Okla. (KTEN) — Two days after the fire at the Lakeview apartment complex in Ardmore, people all around the city are stepping up to help those who lost their home.

Ardmore Fire Department spokesperson Jason Woydziak said the blaze started as an electrical fire in the attic after 2 a.m. Saturday, but first responders weren't alerted to the fire until more than an hour later.

Woydziak attributed the delay to the location of the fire and the time of night.

Ardmore City Schools Assistant Superintendent Andy Davis said the district is helping students and their families connect with emergency resources.

"We're trying to keep them safe and intact here at school, trying to keep life as normal as possible for those kiddos," Davis said. "There's a non-profit organization out that's helping work, we're trying to liaison with them."

Employees at The Highest Choice dispensary wanted to help too, so the business has been acting as a clothing drop-off location

"It's really thoughtful for everybody to pray for people and to be thinking about them," said employee Ellen Ingram.

The business, at 709 Grand Avenue, is still accepting donated clothing for the fire victims.