Work to resume Monday on Durant boulevard project
DURANT, Okla. (KTEN) — It's now official. The Durant City Council met in special session Friday to approve an updated contract with Schiralli Construction to finish work on a long-delayed project to widen a section of University Boulevard.
City officials called the meeting just weeks after they worked out a deal with Schiralli for a firm timetable to complete the road work.
However, the company asked for an additional month due to a clerical error in the contract.
The City of Durant agreed to shift the completion deadline from August 18 to September 17 to accommodate Schiralli so it would have enough staff.
The Council voted to approve the amended timeline on Friday and will begin moving forward.
But Baylee Lemones, who works along University Boulevard, remains concerned about the project that began in October 2021 and had been projected to be complete within six months.
"I can say I am a little bit nervous because the construction company had a deadline and did not get it done," she said. "So they opened the road back up because they did not get it done."
Schiralli will begin mobilizing its equipment on Monday.
- 9/9/21: Durant launches project to widen busy road
- 9/13/22: Durant Council to consider action after construction delays
- 10/11/22: Drivers see progress on University Boulevard
- 11/2/22: Frustration rises as Durant road project stalls
- 11/29/22: Durant Council moves to restart University Boulevard project
- 12/20/22: Deal near to resume work on Durant boulevard
- 1/3/23: Durant Council revises contract for University Boulevard project