- 3 to 4 California kiwifruit, peeled and diced (1 1/2 cup)
- 2 medium tangerines or 1 orange, peeled and diced
- 1 cup peeled and diced jicama
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red or yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbs. lime juice
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced, seeds and veins removed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing well. Chill briefly. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
Serving Suggestions: Serve as a dip with tortilla chips, toasted pita bread triangles or warm tortillas; as a sauce over grilled or baked halibut or swordfish steaks, chicken or roasted pork tenderloin; or serve over warm flour tortilla filled with scrambled egg.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 138 calories, 1 g protein, 3 g fat, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber and 122 mg sodium.
Courtesy of www.5aday.com