Man burned in Pottsboro garage fire - KTEN.com - Texoma news, weather and sports

Man burned in Pottsboro garage fire

Posted: Updated:
Fire damaged a residence on Erin Drive in Pottsboro on March 11, 2019. (KTEN) Fire damaged a residence on Erin Drive in Pottsboro on March 11, 2019. (KTEN)

POTTSBORO, Texas -- Fire at a residence in Pottsboro Monday morning left a man hospitalized with 2nd and 3rd degree burns.

Preston Fire/Rescue Chief Keith Bates said the man was in a garage when the fire broke out. Preliminary information indicates that a malfunctioning gas dryer may be responsible.

Bates said the victim, whose name was not released, would likely be transferred to a Dallas facility that specializes in burn treatment.

There was almost nothing left of the garage, which was attached to a house that also suffered fire damage. A neighbor's garage also received minor damage from the heat and flames.

Pottsboro firefighters provided mutual aid.

  • Submit a News Tip

    Do you have a news tip for KTEN?

    Begin by entering your email address in the field below or call 903-548-4010

    * denotes required fields
    We're sorry, but only one entry is allowed per person.
    Thank you for your continued interest.

    Your news tip has been submitted. If you provided contact information, we might use it to reach out to you if additional information is required.