Worker seriously hurt after touching Durant power line - KTEN.com - No One Gets You Closer

Worker seriously hurt after touching Durant power line

Posted: Updated:
A worker on a lift was injured after touching a live wire near Durant City Hall. (Courtesy Lisa Anthony) A worker on a lift was injured after touching a live wire near Durant City Hall. (Courtesy Lisa Anthony)

DURANT, Okla. -- A worker was airlifted to OU Medical Center in serious condition after being shocked by a power line in downtown Durant on Monday.

The Durant Fire Department said the worker was on a hydraulic lift that got too close to live wires that run behind City Hall. The worker was shocked when his shoulder touched one of them.

The Durant battalion chief credited OG&E for its quick response to get the power turned off so they could get the truck away from the lines.

The name of the injured worker was not released.

  • Submit a News Tip

    Do you have a news tip for KTEN?

    Begin by entering your email address in the field below or call 903-548-4010

    * denotes required fields
    We're sorry, but only one entry is allowed per person.
    Thank you for your continued interest.

    Your news tip has been submitted. If you provided contact information, we might use it to reach out to you if additional information is required.