Dog wakes Soper woman up after her home catches fire - KTEN.com - No One Gets You Closer

Dog awakens Soper woman after fire breaks out

Posted:

SOPER, Okla. -- Imagine a fire breaks out in the kitchen of your home. You're asleep and don't see or hear the flames cracking in the background.

That's what happened to one Choctaw County woman, but this story has a good ending.

Lyn Snowden said her dog took the phrase "man's best friend" to a different level. after a grease fire ignited in her Soper home Monday night and her dog Ringo came to the rescue.

"I'm extremely grateful, extremely grateful," Snowden said. "I rescued him a while back, and now he rescued me."

Fire damage was confined to the kitchen area.

Lyn Snowden with Ringo

  • Submit a News Tip

    Do you have a news tip for KTEN?

    Begin by entering your email address in the field below or call 903-548-4010

    * denotes required fields
    We're sorry, but only one entry is allowed per person.
    Thank you for your continued interest.

    Your news tip has been submitted. If you provided contact information, we might use it to reach out to you if additional information is required.