Denison family forced out of home after fire - - No One Gets You Closer

Denison family forced out of home after fire


DENISON, TX -- A Denison family had to leave their home Monday morning after it was over taken by a small fire.

It happened about 11 a.m. in the 800 block of North Tone Street.

Denison firefighters say the family that lives there was able to get out safely and no one was injured.

The Fire Chief says someone cooking on the stove in the kitchen noticed a small grease fire that spilled out of a skillet.

It took firefighters only minutes to get the smoke and small flames under control.

“There was some minor smoke damage, minimal fire damage,” said Chief Gregg Loyd. “Flame damage was confined to a little bit of the kitchen and the stove. There were three occupants. All occupants were out before we arrived so we had to do some ventilation, clear some smoke, and remove the stove.”

Luckily the family will be able to remain in their home.