TEACHER OF THE MONTH OFFICIAL RULES
- WHO CAN BE NOMINATED? Any teacher who is currently employed by a school (kindergarten, elementary, junior high, high school, vocational, special education) in the Texoma viewing area of Oklahoma or Texas. College, graduate and student teachers are not eligible. If, during the Nomination or Voting Period (described below), the teacher nominee moves to a school outside of the Texoma area or otherwise ceases employment with any school in the area, or is arrested or charged with a crime, then he/she will no longer be eligible for consideration for “Featured Teacher of the Month”. A nominee may be voted “Featured Teacher of the Month” only once during the Contest Period.
- WHO CAN DO THE NOMINATING? To nominate a teacher, you must be age 13 or older, be a resident of Texas or Oklahoma, have access to the internet, and be a student currently enrolled in a Texoma area school. If you are under the age of 13 and want to nominate a teacher, your parent or legal guardian must fill out the form on your behalf. You may nominate as many teachers as you’d like, but you can only nominate the same teacher once. All information submitted in nomination forms will be subject to verification. Sponsors reserve the right to reject and disqualify any entry they discover to be false or fraudulent.
- HOW TO NOMINATE A TEACHER: a. Nominations for the “Teacher of the Month” will begin in September 2019 and end April 2020 (“Nominations Period”). All nominations must be submitted within the Nominations Period. You can nominate a teacher by going to the KTEN Teacher of the Month information page. Fill out the nomination form, or visit any Texoma Chevy dealer and fill out the form. You must use your own name. Incomplete or false entries may be disqualified. All entries become the property of KTEN-TV and will not be returned.
- SELECTING THE TEACHER OF THE MONTH: Sponsors will review all eligible nomination forms as received. The student who nominates the teacher does not receive recognition or a prize. The decision of Sponsors is final and binding.
- a. Up to two teachers will be selected each month from September 2019 through April 2020. The school’s principal will be contacted to verify the eligibility and the qualifications of the teacher. The principal must agree to let KTEN record in the school during the teacher’s interview.
- b. Each selected Teacher of the Month will receive a presentation by their local Texoma Chevrolet Dealer plus a $500 check to be use at their discretion. They will also be interviewed for a news segment to be aired on KTEN Television.
- c. Each Teacher of the Month will be notified via telephone or email. The Teacher of the Month also will be featured on KTEN News.
a. By participating in this program and accepting the awards, each Teacher of the Month and winning student nominator hereby agree:
(i) that all decisions of KTEN-TV/Sponsors with respect to this program are final and binding;
(ii) to release Sponsors and their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Teacher of the Month program and the award or use of the prizes/donations;
(iii) and to allow Sponsors to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, biographical material, or nomination form used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, without additional financial or other compensation.
b. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of http://www.KTEN.com web site or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. Sponsors further reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
c. Sponsors are not responsible for applications not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches or for lost, stolen, deleted, garbled, misdelivered, incomplete or late nominations.
d. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement.
e. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a nominator or nominee’s disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsors.
f. Sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
g. Copies of the written rules and a list of all Teachers of the Month and their student nominators will be made available on request.
7. INTERNET/FORCE MAJEURE: If for any reason, a computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, KTEN-TV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify, or suspend the Teacher of the Month program in whole or in part.
8. A COPY OF THE RULES can also be obtained by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to: KTEN Teacher of the Month Rules, 10 Highpoint Circle, Denison, TX 75020.