Texoma House Fire - KTEN.com - No One Gets You Closer

Texoma House Fire

Posted:

ARDMORE,OK--A local man and his daughter are homeless tonight, after their home was destroyed by fire.

It happened about 11:00 Thursday night in the 2-hundred block of Gooseberry street in Ardmore.

The man says his stove caught fire while he was cooking French fries. He says he grabbed his 8-year old daughter, and ran outside.

The inside of the home is a total loss ,and friends say the homeowner has no insurance.

“First it started out when I was asleep and then he said that he was cooking French fries, and that there was a grease fire, and then he woke me up and all I saw was smoke in the kitchen so I ran outside” said family friend Emily Roe.

The family says they need clothing, shoes, food, and furniture.

A facebook page has been started for the family.