UPDATE: Two Juveniles Arrested in Shooting Death of Ardmore Teen - KTEN.com - Texoma news, weather and sports

UPDATE: Two Juveniles Arrested in Shooting Death of Ardmore Teen


ARDMORE, OK - What began as a quiet Saturday night at the 300 block of Monroe Avenue in Ardmore, soon turned into a bustling crime scene when police said they responded to a call of gunshots ringing through the air.

Ardmore police said 18 year old Carmell Stoliby was found dead at this corner home around 9 p.m. from a gunshot wound. Shortly after the police arrested two juvenile suspects for first degree murder.

A neighbor, Warren Hammett said, "nothing like that's ever happened around here."

Police identified them as two males between 16 and 17 years old. They believe the shooting is related to a previous dispute between the three teens, who all went to Ardmore High School.

Ardmore High School Principal, Jake Falvey said, "everybody in this community is hurting right now."

Falvey and the school district received word about the incident shortly after it happened.

Falvey also said, "this is a small community, this is a caring community, we have our challenges, but we come together, everybody knows each other."

The Ardmore City Schools Superintendent Sonny Bates said they have assembled a district crisis team that includes agencies like DHS, the Ardmore police, faculty, and outside counseling to help both students and staff get through the grieving process.

Bates said, "we are going to have kids that are distressed emotionally, we will have counselors that are available at all sights."

Along with the counseling, the school district says they will also be beefing up the security at the schools, and faculty members will be more visible during the school day at the facilities.

Falvey said the school and the community will stand together and mourn the loss of both a beloved student and friend. "We're going to grieve, we're going to hurt, we're going to move forward, protecting kids in the best possible learning environment we can."

The two juvenile suspects will not be identified by officials until they are arraigned as adults in court sometime this week.