Police Standoff Ends With Early Morning Arrest - KTEN.com - No One Gets You Closer

Police Standoff Ends With Early Morning Arrest


KINGSTON, OK -- A police standoff had people in one Kingston neighborhood on edge Thursday night.

The altercation lasted seven hours and ended early Friday morning with one man arrested.

From Thursday night into the small hours of Friday morning, neighbors along Southwest 2nd street were stunned at the view outside their windows.

"It was just a big commotion for quite a while," said Linda Butler, a neighbor along SW 2nd street. "And, there really wasn't anything I could see other than the police with their guns out."

Kingston police say it all started earlier Thursday afternoon, when Brian Deaver broke into his ex-girlfriend's mobile home before her two son's got home from school.

Lieutenant Scott Brown says police responded to a domestic abuse call at the residence around 5:30 Thursday evening.

"He had hit the 14 year old boy in the head with an expandable baton several times," said Brown.

With several deep cuts on his head, the boy --along with his brother and mother-- were taken to a hospital after more law enforcement arrived.

That's when Deaver barricaded himself inside the home with a gun.

For hours, authorities talked with Deaver as neighbors watched.

"It was not dark when they came but it was dark when it all calmed down," said Butler. "They were there for quite a while."

The OHP swat team was eventually called to the scene as troopers and police continued to talk with Deaver.

"Kingston police say the standoff ended around 1 AM after hours of negotiations when the suspect came out the front door went down the wooden deck and then surrendered to authorities.

Deaver was booked into the Marshall County jail pending charges.

The boy was treated for his injuries and released from the hospital Thursday night.

Our crews caught up with the mother and her two sons Friday, she did not want to comment on camera, but says they are doing ok.