Sadler Residents Help Firefighter Who Lost Home To Fire - KTEN.com - No One Gets You Closer

Sadler Residents Help Firefighter Who Lost Home To Fire

Posted:

SADLER, TX -- Dozens pack a benefit to help a Grayson County volunteer firefighter who lost his home to fire.

Sadler firefighter Jacob Jones says his home on Macomb Cemetery Road was badly damaged in a fire last month, and he can no longer live there.

On Saturday evening, fellow firefighters were among those who turned out for a barbeque dinner at the Sadler Community Center to help him and his family, and Jones says he's very grateful for their help as he tries to move forward.

"I came home on a Friday evening and seen smoke coming out of the side of my house, when I pulled in the driveway, I seen flames coming out of it," says Jones.

Jones' mother and sister were also displaced by the fire, which Grayson County Fire Marshal Kevin Walton says was caused by electrical wiring. Organizers say the event raised nearly $4,000.