Man Found Dead In Home After Fire - - No One Gets You Closer

Man Found Dead In Home After Fire


DURANT, OK -- A man was found dead in his home after an early morning fire in Bryan County.  

Firefighters say a home at the Money Talks mobile home park in Durant was engulfed when they arrived, but that they were able to get it out quickly.    

When they worked their way inside firefighters say they found a man dead.      

His body has been sent to the medical examiner for autopsy.

Firefighters tell us they believe a space heater too close to combustible materials could be to blame.

"If you're going to use a space heater like this, you need to make sure it is a  U l listed, that means that it is tested, so if it gets hot it will turn off, or if it gets knocked over it will turn of, so, that would eliminate a lot of these fires that we have in winter time," said Durant Fire Marshal Wade Boyd

The man's name is not yet being released..