Durant house fire sparked by space heater - KTEN.com - No One Gets You Closer

Durant house fire sparked by space heater

Posted:
  • Texoma HeadlinesMore>>

  • CEO Responds To Facebook Claims From Upset Electric Customers Near Hugo

    CEO Responds To Facebook Claims From Upset Electric Customers Near Hugo

    CHOCTAW COUNTY, OK -- Angry electric customers in southeast Oklahoma take to Facebook to voice their concerns about electric prices and management policies.More >>
    CHOCTAW COUNTY, OK -- Angry electric customers in southeast Oklahoma take to Facebook to voice their concerns about electric prices and management policies.More >>
  • 2nd Suspect In Texoma Murder Case Arraigned

    2nd Suspect In Texoma Murder Case Arraigned

    BRYAN COUNTY, OK -- The 2nd man arrested in connection with a Bryan County murder appeared in court Thursday. 31 year-old Craig Becker was formally arraigned at the Bryan County court house More >>
    BRYAN COUNTY, OK -- The 2nd man arrested in connection with a Bryan County murder appeared in court Thursday. 31 year-old Craig Becker was formally arraigned at the Bryan County court house More >>
  • Flash Flooding in Gunter

    Flash Flooding in Gunter

    GUNTER, TX -- This morning in Gunter six inches of rain fell in just a few hours. Crews took a proactive measure to shut down parts of highway 289. It worked, there were no accidents, or high water rescues, but some residents still have damage.More >>
    GUNTER, TX -- This morning in Gunter six inches of rain fell in just a few hours. Crews took a proactive measure to shut down parts of highway 289. It worked, there were no accidents, or high water rescues, but some residents still have damage.More >>

DURANT -- A space heater is being blamed for a fire that destroyed a Durant family's home.

It happened at about 9pm Wednesday on East Jones Street.

The Durant Police Department says no one was hurt but six dogs did not survive.