Denison Restaurant Evacuated Due To Electrical Problem - KTEN.com - No One Gets You Closer

Denison Restaurant Evacuated Due To Electrical Problem

Posted:
  • Texoma HeadlinesMore>>

  • Chickasaw Nation Opens Community Center In Ardmore

    Chickasaw Nation Opens Community Center In Ardmore

    ARDMORE, OK -- The Chickasaw Nation opened a new addition to it's Carter service campus in Ardmore Wednesday morning. With a snip of the ribbon, the the newest addition to the Chickasaw Carter service center officially opened.More >>
    ARDMORE, OK -- The Chickasaw Nation opened a new addition to it's Carter service campus in Ardmore Wednesday morning. With a snip of the ribbon, the the newest addition to the Chickasaw Carter service center officially opened.
    More >>
  • Woman Arrested For Hitting Two With Brick

    Woman Arrested For Hitting Two With Brick

    ARDMORE, OK -- Ardmore police arrested a local woman after they say she hit two different people in the head with a brick. Officers arrested 40-year old Daphne Morales of Ardmore on charges of assault with a deadly weapon and public intoxication.More >>
    ARDMORE, OK -- Ardmore police arrested a local woman after they say she hit two different people in the head with a brick. Officers arrested 40-year old Daphne Morales of Ardmore on charges of assault with a deadly weapon and public intoxication.
    More >>
  • Second Annual Ardmore Community Forum

    Second Annual Ardmore Community Forum

    ARDMORE, OK -- City officials gathered at the convention center in Ardmore for their second annual community forum. Organizers of the forum say more than 200 people attended.More >>
    ARDMORE, OK -- City officials gathered at the convention center in Ardmore for their second annual community forum. Organizers of the forum say more than 200 people attended.
    More >>

DENISON, TX --A restaurant was evacuated tonight after workers smelled smoke in the building.

It happened around 7 p.m. Sunday at the North Rig Grill on the Highway 75 frontage road. Firefighters say they were called to a possible electrical fire. Everyone was evacuated and firefighters later discovered a faulty wiring breaker. They say it may have been causing the problem.

"We arrived on scene, we did not see any smoke. There was a strong smell of electrical odor," says fire Capt. Mark Escamilla, who is the acting battalion chief.

"They turned off that water heater and that fire's out so, no damage, should be good," says restaurant manager Brad Williams.

Several fire trucks and ambulances responded to the scene and part of Regency Lane was blocked off while they tried to figure out what was going on, and focused on a water heater in the side of the building. There was no apparent damage to the building, no flames, and no one was hurt.