Fire Destroys House in Southern Oklahoma - KTEN.com - No One Gets You Closer

Fire Destroys House in Southern Oklahoma

Posted:
  • Texoma HeadlinesMore>>

  • Fusion Bible Church Invites Community to "Yancy" In Concert

    Fusion Bible Church Invites Community to "Yancy" In Concert

    One of the hottest performers in Christian Music is coming to Texoma. Fusion Bible invites the community to "Yancy" in concert.Haven't heard of Yancy? Your kids probably have. Her website says "music that makes Jesus loud." With a rock sound that blends with any generation and a message of love, it's a concert the entire family will enjoy.Fusion Bible, based in Sherman and Durant, invite you to join them Friday July 25, 2014 at 7:00 in the evening at the Sherman Campus for fun and fellowship....More >>
    One of the hottest performers in Christian Music is coming to Texoma. Fusion Bible invites the community to "Yancy" in concert.Haven't heard of Yancy? Your kids probably have. Her website says "music that makes Jesus loud." With a rock sound that blends with any generation and a message of love, it's a concert the entire family will enjoy.Fusion Bible, based in Sherman and Durant, invite you to join them Friday July 25, 2014 at 7:00 in the evening at the Sherman Campus for fun and fellowship....More >>
  • Workforce Solutions Texoma KTEN Hot Jobs

    Workforce Solutions Texoma KTEN Hot Jobs

    Looking for a job? Workforce Solutions Texoma can help. Below is the updated list of job openings in our area. For more information you can contact Workforce Solutions Texoma at Phone: 903.463.9997 Fax: 903.463.3073 www.workforcesolutionstexoma.com DIRECTOR OF THE CENTER FOR WORKPLACE LEARNING Denison Closing Date: 8/15/2014 Posting ID: 6313798 http://bit.ly/1sR6cKz TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE AND PC REPAIR Denison Closing Date: 8/16/2014 Posting I...More >>
    Looking for a job? Workforce Solutions Texoma can help. Below is the updated list of job openings in our area. For more information you can contact Workforce Solutions Texoma at Phone: 903.463.9997 Fax: 903.463.3073 www.workforcesolutionstexoma.com DIRECTOR OF THE CENTER FOR WORKPLACE LEARNING Denison Closing Date: 8/15/2014 Posting ID: 6313798 http://bit.ly/1sR6cKz TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE AND PC REPAIR Denison Closing Date: 8/16/2014 Posting I...More >>
  • Tips For Buying New Home

    Tips For Buying New Home

    Texoma realtor Lisa Hitchcock stopped by the KTEN studios to talk about steps for buying a home with Gregg Watson.Find out what you need to know before you start your search.More >>
    Texoma realtor Lisa Hitchcock stopped by the KTEN studios to talk about steps for buying a home with Gregg Watson.Find out what you need to know before you start your search.More >>

LEBANON, OK--A fire completely destroys a home in Lebanon Oklahoma, which is just south of Madill.

Neighbor Ann Rushing reacts to a house engulfed in flames in the 1900-block of Powell rd. in Lebanon Oklahoma.

"It is heart breaking, it really is because your whole life is in that house and it makes you sad, it really does."

Rushing said she knows the homeowner well. She said the woman lives there alone and said she called her to make sure she wasn't inside the home.

"She did answer her phone, said that she was running errands, I did mention to her that her house was on fire and that she needed to come home," Rushing said.

Several volunteer fire units including Madill, Lebanon, and Texoma responded to the house fire.

It took firefighters several hours to get the fire completely out, and they said the high winds played a role, making it difficult to contain the fire.

"The flames moved so fast and it just kept spreading around, it was just one of the worst one's I've seen in a long time," said Lebanon Firefighter Lawrence Garrison.

Officials said the homeowner rushed to her home, but for safety reasons they couldn't let her through to the scene until the fire was completely out.

Investigators believe the fire started due to electrical issues--which they say is common this time of year.

"One day it will be 75 degrees and the next day it will be 30 degrees and people think it's too cold so they overdo it with space heaters," said Garrison.

Although they think they know what started the fire, they're still investigating.

No injuries were reported.