Faulty Water Cooler Fills Sherman Business With Haze - KTEN.com - No One Gets You Closer

Faulty Water Cooler Fills Sherman Business With Haze

Posted:
  • Texoma HeadlinesMore>>

  • Armed Robbery at Denison Best Western

    Armed Robbery at Denison Best Western

    DENISON, TX -- Just before 3 a.m. police were called to an armed robbery at Best Western. It's quiet at the Denison Best Western this afternoon with plenty of guests in the parking lot.More >>
    DENISON, TX -- Just before 3 a.m. police were called to an armed robbery at Best Western. It's quiet at the Denison Best Western this afternoon with plenty of guests in the parking lot.
    More >>
  • Car Theft Spikes in July, DMV declares "Watch Out for Your Car" Month

    Car Theft Spikes in July, DMV declares "Watch Out for Your Car" Month

    GRAYSON COUNTY, TX -- The Texas DMV says the number of stolen vehicles spikes in the month of July every year. And now they've declared July "Watch Out For Your Car" month.More >>
    GRAYSON COUNTY, TX -- The Texas DMV says the number of stolen vehicles spikes in the month of July every year. And now they've declared July "Watch Out For Your Car" month.More >>
  • United Way of Grayson County investigates accusations made by former employees

    United Way of Grayson County investigates accusations made by former employees

    SHERMAN -- The president and CEO of the United Way of Grayson County is responding to accusations being made by former employees. Some of the claims have resulted in changes in the way the organization does business.More >>
    SHERMAN -- The president and CEO of the United Way of Grayson County is responding to accusations being made by former employees. Some of the claims have resulted in changes in the way the organization does business.More >>

SHERMAN, TX -- Firefighters say a faulty water cooler caused a scare one business, leading workers to call for help.

It happened about 10:30 a.m. at a Federal Express shipping center on Fallon Drive, near Texoma Parkway.

When workers went into the break room, they smelled smoke, and there was a smokey haze inside, battalion chief Donnie Glenn said.

After checking out the building, the fire marshal noticed that the water cooler was hot to the touch and they believe an overheated motor was the cause, Glenn said.