Durant Man Burned in House Fire - KTEN.com - No One Gets You Closer

Durant Man Burned in House Fire

Posted:
  • Texoma HeadlinesMore>>

  • Tishomingo Middle School Closed Following Power Failure

    Tishomingo Middle School Closed Following Power Failure

    TISHOMINGO, OK -- Students at Tishomingo Middle School were sent home today after administrators say they experienced a power outage at the building. Superintendent Kevin Duncan confirmed the school lost power around 11:45 Thursday morning when a car struck a power line pole in town,More >>
    TISHOMINGO, OK -- Students at Tishomingo Middle School were sent home today after administrators say they experienced a power outage at the building. Superintendent Kevin Duncan confirmed the school lost power around 11:45 Thursday morning when a car struck a power line pole in town,More >>
  • Local Group Restoring and Preserving Durant's History - Volunteers Needed

    Local Group Restoring and Preserving Durant's History - Volunteers Needed

    Drive around any town in Texoma and you see the rich history with homes and properties. But, with age and lack of money many of these old homes are starting to crumble. In many cases, they're being condemned. That's where a non profit group called Durant Restore and Preserve Association comes in.What started as a couple who just wanted to help someone in need, has now turned into a group of 15 or so volunteers who work with homeowners to help restore properties in the Durant area. Former Mrs....More >>
    Drive around any town in Texoma and you see the rich history with homes and properties. But, with age and lack of money many of these old homes are starting to crumble. In many cases, they're being condemned. That's where a non profit group called Durant Restore and Preserve Association comes in.What started as a couple who just wanted to help someone in need, has now turned into a group of 15 or so volunteers who work with homeowners to help restore properties in the Durant area. Former Mrs....More >>
  • Water notice rescinded for 1,200 homes in Tanglewood

    Water notice rescinded for 1,200 homes in Tanglewood

    TANGLEWOOD -- Water at more than 1,000 homes in Tanglewood is now safe for everyone to drink. Elevated levels of nitrites had made it dangerous for newborns to drink. More >>
    TANGLEWOOD -- Water at more than 1,000 homes in Tanglewood is now safe for everyone to drink. Elevated levels of nitrites had made it dangerous for newborns to drink.
    More >>

DURANT, OK -- An early morning fire in Durant destroyed a home and sent one man to the hospital.  It happened about 4 a.m. in the 500 block of North 3rd Avenue.  Flames were still shooting out of windows when police arrived.  Officials say the homeowner tried to put out the fire himself but when it got out of control he ran out of the house.  He was later flown to a Dallas area hospital with complications from minor burns.  The state fire Marshal is assisting in the investigation of the fire.