Sherman Child Eats Dishwashing Detergent Pod - KTEN.com - No One Gets You Closer

Sherman Child Eats Dishwashing Detergent Pod

Posted:
  • Texoma HeadlinesMore>>

  • Push To Legalize Marijuana in Oklahoma Continues with New Petition

    Push To Legalize Marijuana in Oklahoma Continues with New Petition

    BRYAN COUNTY, OK -- The push to legalize marijuana in Oklahoma continues. Supporters have been out across the state urging people to sign a petition for medical marijuana and Thursday they were out More >>
    BRYAN COUNTY, OK -- The push to legalize marijuana in Oklahoma continues. Supporters have been out across the state urging people to sign a petition for medical marijuana and Thursday they were out More >>
  • Sherman Apartment Dwellers Sweat It Out After A/C Unit Breaks Down

    Sherman Apartment Dwellers Sweat It Out After A/C Unit Breaks Down

    SHERMAN, TX -- Some people in Sherman were sweating it out after the air conditioning stopped working at their apartment building, and the manager wasn't keen on talking with KTEN.More >>
    SHERMAN, TX -- Some people in Sherman were sweating it out after the air conditioning stopped working at their apartment building, and the manager wasn't keen on talking with KTEN.More >>
  • 2 Arrested after Denison Robbery Investigation

    2 Arrested after Denison Robbery Investigation

    DENISON, TX -- Police have arrested the two men they say robbed the Best Western hotel in Denison Wednesday. 21 year-old Bradley Ryan Robinson was arrested Wednesday in Mckinney by Denison More >>
    DENISON, TX -- Police have arrested the two men they say robbed the Best Western hotel in Denison Wednesday. 21 year-old Bradley Ryan Robinson was arrested Wednesday in Mckinney by Denison More >>

SHERMAN, TX -- A mother had a big scare after her son ate a dishwashing detergent pod, but luckily he did not appear to be hurt.

It happened around 10 a.m. on Wednesday at the Diamond Place Apartments off Highway 82. The 2-year-old boy was fine, but the mother called firefighters to check him out after the pod burst in his mouth.

"I think he thought they were snacks or something and just put it in his mouth and he didn't like it too much he thought it was gross," says mother Dara Wright.

This is not the first time that detergent pods have mad the news. Tide maker Procter and Gamble came under fire in May when several dozen cases of children eating new colorful packages of the detergent were reported.

Firefighters say it is important to be careful with anything that children might put in their mouths. If your child eats something like this, they recommend washing their mouth out with water or milk, but if there is any reaction, immediately call 911.