Faulty Heater Fills Denison House With Smoke - KTEN.com - No One Gets You Closer

Faulty Heater Fills Denison House With Smoke

Posted:
  • Texoma HeadlinesMore>>

  • College Athletes taking that 'Extra Step' for Underprivileged Children

    College Athletes taking that 'Extra Step' for Underprivileged Children

    SHERMAN, TX -- Thursday marked the first day of classes for students at Austin College. But for three members of the basketball team, this summer hasn't been much of a break.More >>
    SHERMAN, TX -- Thursday marked the first day of classes for students at Austin College. But for three members of the basketball team, this summer hasn't been much of a break.More >>
  • Funding cuts cause City of Denison to switch emergency alert systems

    Funding cuts cause City of Denison to switch emergency alert systems

    DENISON -- The City of Denison is using a new alert system to get the word out about emergencies. The change is a result of funding cuts by the federal government. From train derailments to tornado warnings to festivals on Main Street, Denison residents can now receive alerts from the city through a new system called Blackboard Connect. "It may save people's lives," Grayson County resident Robert Goley said. "I think it's something I'd be interested in but I'd want to check it out first,"...More >>
    DENISON -- The City of Denison is using a new alert system to get the word out about emergencies. The change is a result of funding cuts by the federal government. From train derailments to tornado warnings to festivals on Main Street, Denison residents can now receive alerts from the city through a new system called Blackboard Connect. "It may save people's lives," Grayson County resident Robert Goley said. "I think it's something I'd be interested in but I'd want to check it out first,"...More >>
  • Former Community Center Director Sentenced

    Former Community Center Director Sentenced

    ARDMORE, OK -- The former director of a community center in Ardmore has been sentenced by a Carter County judge. The district attorney's office says Kurt Lemley, the former executive director of the HFV Wilson Center, was sentenced to four years in jail with all but 60 days suspended.More >>
    ARDMORE, OK -- The former director of a community center in Ardmore has been sentenced by a Carter County judge. The district attorney's office says Kurt Lemley, the former executive director of the HFV Wilson Center, was sentenced to four years in jail with all but 60 days suspended.More >>

DENISON, TX -- After investigating a strange smell at a house, firefighters say a malfunctioning heating system caused smoke to fill the place.

Denison firefighters and paramedics responded to a call of smoke in a house on Loy Lake Road around 6 p.m. Battalion Chief Keith Bates says after looking around, they were able to find the central heating and air unit caused the smoky odor.

"We do believe the heating coils themselves actually burned in two, producing the smoke which started filling up the house," says Bates.

Bates says the residents no longer have a source of heat, but no one was hurt. With cool nights, firefighters expect to be responding to more of these kinds of calls this winter.