Recipe from R. H. of Jane Lew, W. Va.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
5 tablespoons butter, softened
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 (8 ounce) packet cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl blend thoroughly butter, brown sugar and flour with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Put 1 cup of the mixture aside for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into an 8x8x2 inch baking dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray; bake for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl combine sugar and cream cheese, mixing until smooth.
- Thoroughly beat in egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Spread over the baked crust and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, then chill for at least 1 hour.
Servings: 16 squares
Comments: Want cheesecake but not the hassle of preparing one?