Smoldering Ashes Catch Ardmore House On Fire - KTEN.com - Texoma news, weather and sports

Smoldering Ashes Catch Ardmore House On Fire

Posted:

ARDMORE, OK - A home in Ardmore catches on fire early Thursday morning. It happened in the 1600 block of Ward Road.

Officials tell us the fire broke out around 2 a.m. and started after the homeowner emptied out ashes from his fireplace next to a wooden fence in his backyard. Firefighters tell us that pile of ashes could have been smoldering for hours before the fire started.

Much of the damage was contained to the attic. No one was hurt.

KTEN News